SimplyWell and Holistic Rain are hosting a Summer Solstice Celebration on Wednesday, June 21st in Market Square with all proceeds going to Loving Spoonful!
We’re excited to be giving back to the community while bringing people together to share in the beautiful Summer Solstice energy. Solstice is a time of celebration, intensity, renewal, great potential, and honouring the light in ourselves and each other and our deep connection with the Sun and Mother Earth.
We are all connected: people, the planet, and the sun. If we align ourselves with the power in others and in the natural forces around us, what we are unable to do on our own can be made to happen through the powerful energy of collective consciousness. That’s what this evening is all about.
Join us in the Square starting at 7pm for:
- a Solstice-inspired Yoga Class led by Morgan Oddie, who teaches at Studio 330 and Life Yoga
- magical singing bowls and drum accompaniment performed by Yessica Rivera Belsham of Circle of Wellness and the Kingston Drum Circle
- live music performed by local artist Amanda Sadler
Holistic Health Practitioners will be offering mini-sessions, including:
- Jeni Juranics, talented psychic and medium, will be offering mini readings
- Cheryl Hiebert Wellness will be offering mini Reiki sessions and Aura Readings
- Jill McCubbin-Clare Acupuncture will be offering Pulse Readings
- SimplyWell will be offering beautiful Detox Waters and Juices
We’ll also have an Art Market with solstice-inspired locals including:
- The Loft Girls will be there with the Loft Girls Fashion Truck
- Holistic Rain will be there offering crystal and gemstone jewellery and meditation tools
- Warrior Mask will have her gorgeous handmade masks
- Vanessa Jane Martin, incredibly talented local artist, will be painting live in the Square and offering attendees a chance to give it a try
- Anatolian Legacy will have her beautiful Turkish Blankets so you can cozy up during the event and afterwards
- RHICreation Designs will be offering her decadent soy candles and unique, handmade items
- Shiva’s Delight will be offering a collection of Vegan, eco-luxury skincare
- Cocoa Bistro will be selling delicious chocolate
Tickets are by donation with all proceeds going to Loving Spoonful (suggested minimum $5)
All of the participants – performers, practitioners, and vendors – are donating proceeds to Loving Spoonful. This is an incredible group who have joined forces to make a difference and support our local community!
Loving Spoonful works to achieve a healthy food-secure community by facilitating fresh food access, skill development and community engagement in a collaborative, empowering and environmentally sustainable manner.
Loving Spoonful’s Mission:
- To work with communities to enhance healthy food access for low‐income individuals and families in Kingston
- To increase the amount of fresh food available through local meal programs and combating food waste and its adverse environmental effects
- To build community awareness of the multiple factors that contribute to food insecurity
Get your tickets in advance, gift a ticket to your loved ones, share this event with your friends…let’s join forces and make a significant impact on the well-being of our local Kingston community!
Mark your calendars, see you there!